My Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

When i met my life time idol - Bon Jovi Concert Jakarta 11 September 2015

This story is so special, is about something that i wait for a very long time, it seems will never happened, but it happens, like a dream come true. His songs formed my teenage, became a soundtrack of my teenage life. This story is about one of my core memories.

And ... I finally met him,

20 years ago, he came here already ... young, energetic, charming, popular, handsome, and sang out loud. But i never could attend his concert 20 years ago.

When i was 11th, i was live in my grandma house, along with my cousins. All my older cousins were very exciting that time, 2 weeks before the concert all the house was just like being prepared for halloween party, the house was decorated with all posters, banners of him, wherever i went inside the house, i could hear his songs. Afternoon, when all of us already came back from school, we used to be sat on the living room, and sang together. My cousins, he used to played guitar, sometimes i held the instrument krecekan like pengamen used to played it, and the rest of us sang. It was an euphoria at that moment.

At that time the album that was so popular, and his greatest hits was CrossRoad, contains hits from between his album Bon Jovi (1984) and Keep the faith (1992).
Anyway, some of my cousins finally left me all alone for the concert, fortunately the concert was broadcasted by TVRI at that time. And all i just hope someday i can attend his concert which is at that time was imposible. My life is so magical, it takes 20 years finally my hope is granted.

I collect the memories below ...

The concert begin at 7 pm, start with Sam Tsui, i didn't get it why Sam ? Because the genre of the music was different, so i felt it just failed to connect. The opening band should warm the audience up before the main band right ? didn't get it at all. So it was kinda suffer to wait from 7 pm until 8.30 when the B.J really start the show.


SELFIE with the rest of crowd behind me, i was at Festival A, close enough with the stage. We wait from 3 pm until 8.30 pm !!


100.000 people that night, see ... see ... a Legend is a legend, he won people heart forever. It doesn't matter how old that song, because for some people his songs are the soundtrack of their life. I saw not only bapak - bapak who watched it, but also many young people also. I mean his songs mostly lawas, but the audience extend for almost 20 years gap. 


Here are the list of the songs that he sang that night :
1. That's what the water made me
2. Who says you can't go home
3. Lost highway
4. Raise your hand
5. You give love a bad name
6. Born to be my baby
7. We don't run
8. Its my life
9. Because we can
10. Someday i'll be Saturday night
11. What about now
12. We got it going on
13. In these arm
14. Wanted dead or alive
15. I'll sleep when I'm dead
16. Keep the faith
17. Bad Medicine
18. Runaway
19. Have a nice day
20. Livin on a prayer

I was little bit upset because some songs that i really missed about, didn't sang by him such as Always, i'll be there for you, and many more. But consider his age now, he got difficulty to reach hight tones ... ahyoo never mind i sang it out loud in way back home ... that day i felt like victory, like i just did conquer everest ... boy o boy teenage crush syndrome.


Thank you mister for came back again to Indonesia, its really pleasure to be there. I'll see you again next time in different moment i guess.










No comments: