My Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another world called Mirador

Finnally, after a very long-harded journey, journey through 3 elemens of the world : Land, Sea, and air, i steped my foot on the land of Hong Kong. I've been here two times in my live and offcourse another excitement, since Hong Kong has changed very dramatically.

The first place i steped my foot is Hong Kong Ferry terminal, i just departed from Macau, and the journey took almost 2 hrs with ferry. The Ferry Terminal is a confusing place, hmm maybe i just not got used to it, once again i just follow my feelings to got out of there, once again no map at all!!

After i follow my feet wherever she walks, i reach the taxi terminal, people queue to get taxi there, sooooo different with Jakarta, you have to fight each other, you have to throw sarcastic sight to other competitor, specially in rainy seasson, but things kindda bit different in a big mall such as Taman Anggerek or Plasa senayan.

I stayed at a very strategic location in the city of Tsim Sha Tsui, cheap but very strategic, with a nice facility such as free wifi access, free mineral water, and just 1 minute from MRT Tsim Sha Tsui Station, but still no breakfast (who care of it if food is everywhere). The location in the middle of the city, the right side of it is Holiday inn resort, and the front of it is Hyat hotel, also many boutiqs around such as bvlgari, coach, seibu, and mango, also prada and LOUIS VUITTON (my fave one) !!!

You may have question in your head, what kind of place did i stay ? it must be so expensive did it ? I must had my luxury holiday did i ?
Yap you almost right ! If i mention Nathan Road, the famous road in Kowloon (main land of china) beside mongkok and Jordan. Next to Nathan Road is Salisbury Road, and you may find Avenue Of Star near it. Just 5 minutes walk to see Jet Li's hand or Jacky Chan's hand or Michele Yeoh's hand or Andy Lau's hand orTsui Hark's hand or ... (just mention all the famous asia star, you may ask does Bruce Lee also there ??? I answered YES !!!) chiesl on the rock.
Not only 1900 or 2000 era, but also era of my mother, such as Lin Ching Sia, Leon Lai and Lesli Cheung also there.




So have you make a conclusion did i stayed in Hyat or in Holiday inn ?? hehehehehe.... of course not both of it. I stayed in Mirador Mansion, actualy it's an old flat with many guess house inside. Offcourse as backpacker i would not stayed in expensive hotel, no money, no cry donk !! hehehe.

I choose USA Hostel, located at 13th floor of Mirador Mansion, Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui.

This was my first experience to stayed at guess house, never before in my live, but once again i have packed a new stuff in my live. I stayed in the private room not in the shared room, if you stay in shared room you will have to shared your room with stranger (offcourse world is without stranger- giordano version), but for me its kinnda creepy to shared with some one you never know before.

The Lobby, Oh yap, never forget the first time the taxi stoped, and the driver said "Here we go, Mirador Mansion!" my mouth opened, and i get very dizzy .... "Whaaattt ????" We just arrived in our lovely hostel.

The lobby is full of store, usualy souvenir store, money changer, and leather store, sex toys store, and also there are so many "orang item" there, freakin me out for the first time. After i got there, i met many bule, gosh i though maybe just indonesian people who own a lot of money, i never heard one of my friend stayed in guess house, they always tell me about how nice this hotel and how luxury that hotel, and so on.




Here is the lobby, an old flat in the middle of town





View of the flat, Rumah susun is better !





Hallway to the place.




Hotel enterance



Access Card needed !



Welcome, Inside, nice huh!



We got TV,aircon, hot water, free dring water, wifi access ... what else ??



After days, i just get my self used to it, and now i became fan of it.

No comments: