My Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lenovo G410 4884 driver for XP

Two days ago, i just brought new laptop, Lenovo G410 series. Which was i never prefer before, but concerned about the budget, soooooo i didn't have many choice. i just brought this one about 499 USD, depends on the currency that time, you may say the price is about 5.8 - 6 million.

What is wrong with my old one ? actually nothing is wrong with that one. My previous Compaq presarion M2000 (still celeron technology), still very reliable, i used it for programming activity, design, game, etc. Even Sims 2 can be run in my precious Presario. But, as an ordinary human, i would like to seek better technology for better future ... (what does it mean ? hihihi) so i planned to sell it to my friend, and lucky me Widadi bought it from me.

The basic operation system is DOS, so as usuall i installed XP pro in it, but unlucky me, the driver package is for Vista, so i had to download it again. But lucky me, the store already provide it for me, and i did install it, after check the device manager, poor me, there were two items shown "?" quotation mark. Boy, this is the same problem everytime you buy a new Vista based laptop. The first item shown is wireless broadcom 802.11 network adapter, and the second item is "other devices" (so what is the other devices?) so made me confuse!!

After browsed the internet, i found nice forum, and it finally solved my problem.

1. For Wireless network adapter problem : i used driver for Vista, I install it from the CD package, open it, select WLAN folder and choose Gemtek folder.

2. For "other devices" it is ACPI device, it used to power management things. You have to install the EnergyCut, Lenovo energy-saving application.

Holaaaa, my problem solved !

Overall i like my new laptop, it is very confinience and very reliable. But one thing i dislike about it is the DVD-rom, it sounds very rough when used it, im affraid it will broke all my CD inside it.

No comments: